Asking For And Giving Advice

Asking for someone's opinion is a smart method to find out what they think. Giving someone advice is another way to inspire or guide them in the right direction.
It would be lovely if both of these could be done in a formal manner. Today I'll show some ways to do it.

πŸ”΅ ASKING FOR ADVlCE

πŸ”˜ To ask for advice, you can use phrases such as:

  •  Do you think I should ...?, 
  • Should I ... ?, 
  • What do you think I should do? 
  • Do you have any idea about ... ?, 
  • I'd like to know what you think about ... 
  • Can you think of anything that ... ?, 
  • I was wondering if you ..., 
  • What would you advise me to ... ? etc

πŸ”΄ GIVING ADVlCE

An informal Ietter giving advice should offer sympathy and encouragement, as well as specific advice with reasons. Each piece of advice is written in a separate paragraph.

πŸ”˜Opening remarks 

  • I was sorry to hear that ...
  • Cheer up/Don't worry too much.
  • Don't let it get you down.
  • I'm only too glad to help.

πŸ”˜ Result 

  • This will/ would mean that ...
  • Then/That way ...
  • If you do this, you would ... so that you could/would ...

πŸ”˜ Closing remarks 

  • I hope that this/my advice helps.
  • I/ Let's hope that things get better/ that everything turns out all right.
  • Let me know what happens.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post